Why social media for ecommerce?
Social media has changed how we communicate and consumers interact with brands. Social media is invaluable for reaching target audiences and building a loyal following through engaging and click-worthy experiences.
While Emplicit is an ecommerce agency first, our services go beyond ecommerce. Our marketing strategists, content developers, and paid media specialists will make social media a valuable channel that complements your other marketing efforts.
How we make social media beneficial for your brand
Consumers’ preferred way of brands contacting them outside of email is social media. However, there is such a thing as “spoiling” their social media experience. That’s why it’s crucial your social media partner knows how to walk this fine line.
Here are some of the social media objectives we deliver for our clients:
- Manage brand reputation
- Build and engage with communities
- Generate sales on your websites and marketplaces
- Sell direct
- Generate customer insights
- Deliver customer support
- Provide brand validation for consumers
- Attract new employees
- PR and crisis management
- Internal comms
Organic vs. paid social media
By now, most people understand the reach brands receive from organic content is tiny. The average Facebook post might reach 5% of your followers–if you’re lucky.
Large-scale reach has largely become a pay-to-play proposition. However, the content on your profiles is still critical to your customers conducting their due diligence about your products and brand.
Influencer marketing provides significant overlap between organic and social (it’s paid, but appears organic). Learn more about our influencer marketing services under Amazon Marketing and Digital Marketing.
Selling through social media
Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc., are becoming prominent sales channels for certain brands because they can convert customers without disrupting their social experience.
We can connect your Shopify, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce stores to the social channels where your target market is. Our team can also structure your social media product catalog into collections and determine which products to sell so you generate the highest conversions.
Alternatively, suppose you don’t have an ecommerce site. In that case, we can load your product catalog into Facebook Shops (an efficient sales channel that charges just a 5% fee), Instagram Shopping, or whichever channel we use.
Social selling will enable you to tag your products in posts and ads. This feature allows us to help you reach more of your target audience.
Quick do’s and don’ts of social media
We could write a white paper on what to do and what not to do, but a bullet-point summary of how we’ll apply our social media expertise to your business is easier to digest:
- Establish SMART goals before you invest in social. How else will you know if you’re on the right track?
- Pick the right types of content for you and your customers: images, promo videos, product reviews, short and long-form content, etc.
- Ensure the themes you post about are relevant to your brand and customers, and apply the same criteria to your social ads.
- Use and commit to a consistent brand voice, look, and feel across organic and paid social media.
- Don’t try too hard to tie everything back to your product.
- Share content from your audience and others in the industry because it’s not all about you.
- Start a conversation and be prepared to continue it. It’s called social media for a reason.
- Posting meaningless content a few times a week gets less engagement than posting meaningful content a couple of times a month. Focus on quality, not quantity.