ShipBob is a third-party logistics platform that provides reliable fulfillment solutions for eCommerce businesses. This platform comes with a number of useful features that reduce the hassle factor inherent to order fulfillment.
In this post we’ll dive into a detailed review of ShipBob – what it is, who it’s for, and what the key benefits of using a logistics platform like this one are.
ShipBob’s services are divided into two key offerings:
- A web-based software solution
- A logistics service
The web-based software solution enables merchants to manage customers’ orders, track inventory levels, and keep in touch with customers, while the logistics service works in the back end to fulfill orders on behalf of merchants.
Here’s how ShipBob works
First, you’ll be required to connect your store with ShipBob’s web-based software and import your products onto the platform.
After that, send your inventory to their fulfillment center. ShipBob will store your inventory and maintain products in good condition. You’ll be required to provide information about your inventory for record-keeping purposes and to avoid confusion.
When a customer places an order on your online store, it will be sent to ShipBob, who will pick the product from their fulfillment center, pack it, and ship it to the customer via a reliable shipping partner.
Once the product has been dispatched, ShipBob shares order tracking information that enables both the seller and the customer to track the order as it moves toward its destination.
Who is ShipBob designed for?
ShipBob is suitable for small businesses, mid-size businesses, and even large enterprises. Whether you’re starting a new company or running an established ecommerce business with a substantial customer base, ShipBob can help you streamline fulfillment and improve your bottom line.
Key benefits of using ShipBob
- Reduces shipping time – This platform ensures speedy fulfillment of orders to customers. They offer next-day and 2-day shipping options, allowing merchants to guarantee timely delivery. Merchants using ShipBob to fulfill orders can free up more time to focus on growing their online businesses.
- Streamlines fulfillment – ShipBob employs a straightforward process for order fulfillment. All a merchant needs to do is connect their online store to ShipBob, send their products to ShipBob’s fulfillment stores, and they’ll handle everything from picking to packing and shipping on behalf of the merchant.
- Low shipping rates – ShipBob manages the fulfillment of orders for thousands of merchants around the globe, so they’re able to negotiate favorable rates from major carriers. These discounts are passed onto merchants. ShipBob isn’t always the cheapest option when it comes to shipping rates but rates are competitive.
- Exceptional customer service – ShipBob offers 24/7 phone support, email/help desk, and live chat support to address user concerns and issues at any time of the day.
- Intuitive interface – ShipBob boasts an interface that’s easy to use and navigate. Merchants can keep tabs on the entire fulfillment process and gain control over order status through the intuitive dashboard.
- Several fulfillment center options – ShipBob has warehouse locations across the U.S., including in Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, Chicago, and San Francisco. This allows merchants to choose the most convenient fulfillment center for their operations.
Here is a list of the most important features you can expect from ShipBob:
Users can use advanced filters to show orders that meet specific criteria. You can filter orders based on fulfillment center, order date, tracking number, and more.
ShipBob offers various training options for merchants to choose from including in-person, live online, webinars, videos, and documentation.
ShipBob’s web-based software comes with a range of tools that enable users to seamlessly sync inventory with their online store for easier monitoring. Merchants can sync inventory with multiple eCommerce stores with just a few clicks.
ShipBob’s order management tool allows users to track orders in real-time, make changes to orders, and keep customers updated on order status.
ShipBob’s web-based software supports hassle-free return management in case a customer is not satisfied with the product. With automated returns, ShipBob reduces the chances of getting negative reviews in case a customer is not satisfied.
ShipBob enables users to track their expenses, revenue generated from orders, peak fulfillment hours, total sales, sales by channel, and much more. This information empowers merchants to make better decisions.
Dedicated support specialist
Merchants have access to dedicated support specialists 24/7 to respond to their queries.
Drawbacks of using ShipBob
Though ShipBob is a solid choice for a third-party logistics partner, there are a few drawbacks merchants should consider before beginning an engagement.
- Some pages might load a bit slower, especially with weak internet signal.
- ShipBob’s pricing structure may be complex for beginners to navigate.
- The interface can be confusing for newcomers to the platform.